Frankford Public Library
The Frankford Public Library was established in November, 1931. The original library was housed in a small shop formerly used by a tinsmith. The library faced meager beginnings – having only $100 from the State of Delaware and 28 books to start its collection.
Further expansion occurred in 1981 when the First National Bank of Frankford donated the Main Street building to the library. At the same time, the library received a generous grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities. The donation helped bring the library’s facilities up to date and provided an additional budget for book collection expansion.
Today, the library continues to be a favorite gathering place for Frankford residents, young and old. Library staff know members by name and strive to make them feel welcome. For more about the history of the Frankford Public Library – or Frankford in general, contact us today!
8 Main Street
Frankford DE, 19945
Phone: (302) 732-9351
Fax: (302) 732-3353
Visit the Frankford Public Library Website
Visit the Frankford Public Library Facebook Page